Friday, October 14, 2011

perspective.

today was a funny day. like a small child who was conflicted. it whines and sheds a few tears, then at a funny face brightens up. but a second later it tears up, lets out a tearing scream and allows a waterfall to fall from its' eyes. that was how the weather was like today, no? and with the weather went my moods. (let me answer the pms question here and now. no iam not pms-ing.) i woke not here and not there. by the time i got in the shower i was grateful for a beautiful new day. gloomy weather, after all, is a great inspiration. i got out of the shower, put my clothes in the hamper, and put my contacts in. as i was brushing my teeth, my right eye felt irritated but i just told myself it was nothing and that it had just moved a bit. but putting my makeup (or shall i saw warpaint lol) on, i couldn't help but notice how pink and irritated my eye looked. had it been halloween i would have been costume ready. but no. so my mood changed once more to frustration as i went to take out my contacts. would i need to change my eye makeup? what would i wear now? i wanted to wear my combat boots but there would be conflicting elements in my outfit? sigh...i felt defeated as i sat on my bed and starred into my stuffed closet. black, black, black, grey, royal blue, camel, dusty rose, creme, taupe, beige, black, black, black, black, rust, nude, nude, tan, camel, dark camel, army green, royal blue, black, black, black, black and white stripes, black and white stripes...iam going to eat breakfast and then decide.

so after breakfast this continued, until i grabbed a pair of jeans and my favorite oversized, dolman sleeved sweater (which is black) and looked at myself in the mirror. 


 that was it. no, don't imagine i said that angrily. i mean, that was it. i just needed to look in the mirror and realize, i looked different with this babies on.


turn my face, put my hair up. turn my face again, put in some stud earrings. turn my face again, put my hair down. 

finally, i settled on a black cotton tee, a black cotton cardigan, and some distressed boyfriend jeans (my studio jeans actually, that have dye and paint on them) and a black and tan, color blocked cowl scarf with my hair all tucked in it and that was it. of course add my go to laceless, patent leather wingtips and that was it. i was happy again. i was getting stuck in this wearing-the-same-outfit-in-different-colors-and-different-shoes rut that i forgot that iam more than one dimensional. i just needed to regain perspective. and now iam sitting here happy as a clam after a happy as a clam day. 


perspective can bring surprises huh?

how was your day?

(featuring my prada glasses. this babies always remind me to challenge my current mindset, every way you look at and through them.)

charlie. 

No comments:

Post a Comment